Ham And Pasta Casserole Recipe
Photo source: Grandmother's Kitchen
A great recipe for leftover ham.
Bow noodles, uncooked (or noodle of your choice) * Use about 8 ounces (250 grams) noodles, the amount depends on the type of noodle and servings you want to make.
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups chopped cooked ham
1/4cup chopped onion
1/4 cup sliced celery
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
1 cup frozen green peas
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup fine bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
3. Heat butter in large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté the onions and celery until transparent.
4. Add the chopped ham pieces and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often so it does not burn.
5. Remove from heat; stir in soup, sour cream, frozen peas and pasta.
6. Spoon into lightly greased baking dish.
7. Cover and bake 25 minutes.
8. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and shredded cheese, and bake, uncovered, bake an additional 5 minutes or until the toppings brown up.
9. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.