Homemade Summer Salsa Recipe
Photo source: Grandmother's Kitchen
A delicious salsa recipe, and for a less formal version dont be afraid to add Mangoes or pineapple. They give a fresh appeal for summer.
one small handful of cilantro
half a sweet/white onion
1/4 teaspoon of coriander ( optional)
1/4 or 1/2 a jalapeno pepper ( without seeds)
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pepper to taste
1. Dice Tomatoes and add to large bowl
2. Dice onion and add to bowl
3. Squeeze the juice of both limes over mixture
4.Cut cilantro into small shredded pieces and sprinkle over mix
5.Cut jalepeno pepper in half, take out and discard seeds
6. Finely chop pepper and add to bowl
7. Season with salt, pepper and coriander
8. Give it a good mix and taste again for seasoning
* When cutting jalapenos, be sure not to touch your face or nose.
If possible chop in a way that you dont let the pepper or seeds touch your skin.
Be sure to wash your hands and give special attention to under your nails if you happen to come in contact with this fiery ingredient.